Thursday, February 7, 2008

Small Project

I'll have to finish up with another couple of workshop updates, but for now I'll just say the workshop is up and running.

Yesterday I took the day off work to relax at home and do a little bit of woodworking. In my last Lee Valley order, I picked up a set of five coat hooks on clearance. I paid $15 for 5 hooks like these bungalow hooks, the ones I got were a satin nickel finish.

A quick google search found this example of a mission coat rack :





I spend a bit of time in Sketchup and came up with a plan for my five hooks :


Then yesterday I put it together :


From my pile of Red Oak I found a really nice Quartersawn piece for the top shelf and a nicely curved grained piece for the back that has some curl on one end.

I'll finish it up with some Minwax Provincial Stain and wipe-on poly this weekend.

No comments: