Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Craftsman Ottoman - Complete

It's good to be done another project. The ottoman is off to the upholstery shop for them to complete the cushion - it'll be awhile but I'm in no hurry to try sewing it myself.

I used the same finish schedule that I've used on most of my red oak furniture. I apply one coat of Minwax Provincial Oil stain with a foam brush, wait 10-15 minutes then wipe off the excess with a clean cotton cloth (old t-shirt). Let it dry overnight, then wipe it down with another clean shirt the next day before applying the next coat, waiting 10-15 minutes and wiping it off.

Let it dry overnight, wipe it down again with a clean cloth, then apply Minwax Quick-drying oil polyurethane. Let it dry overnight, sand lightly with a synthetic wool pad, wipe it down with a clean cloth lightly dampened with mineral spirits. Apply one more coat of poly and it's done.


Here's a shot of my upstairs 'finishing room' over the workshop.


Here's the end product, next to the original.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: