Monday, August 20, 2007

My Electrical Nightmare

The wiring in this house seems to have been done by a drunken monkey. Most of the switches are not where you think they should be (near the room entrance) and don't turn-on/off the lights you think they should.

The only saving grace is that it seems to be all copper and it's a 200amp panel. I just have to go through and label all the switches. Or maybe it's worse than that.

I was trying to figure out what all the switches did and how to get all the light fixtures lit up. I couldn't get three of the wall sconses to light up no matter what switch combination I used. I pulled the sconces off the wall and found they weren't hooked up. Just hanging there, looking ugly.

There are two switches below one of the sconces. Since I couldn't figure out what they do, I pulled off the cover plate to see if they were hooked up at all. Here's what I found (bad).
Illegible duct tape labels and bare wires. Nice.


No comments: