Monday, September 17, 2007

Hardwood Complete

Actually done late last week, but I'm happy to have finally finished off installing around 1600 square feet of pre-finished hardwood flooring in our house.

We took about a month to install it, working some nights and weekends. I think my actual install rate was about 60ft/hr, faster or slower depending on closets and corners. That puts the total at 26+ hours which seems right. There was lots of other stuff going on at the same time which is why it took us so long.

The next thing I have to finish up is adding all of the baseboards. Since the house had none I'm starting from scratch. It'll be a mixture of stained and painted but we haven't figured out the details yet.
Here's the view from Joshua's room towards the sitting area (his play area) and the master bedroom upstairs.


No comments: