Thursday, July 30, 2009

Craftsman Mailbox - Step 5

I've been too busy to post updates here, but I have been working some woodworking and house projects.

The mailbox had to wait for a week or two, but it's finally got two coats of stain and now is just waiting for two coats of finish before being mounted. I put on one coat of Minwax Provincial oil stain, let it dry overnight then rub it out a bit with a synthetic steel wool pad before putting on the next coat.


I've had another project waiting to be stained as well, probably for about 3 months, so I put two coats of stain on it as well. It's a chair that will be hinged in the seat to fold over and become a small step-stool.



All the finish was applied in my new finishing room - the loft above my workshop which has been cleaned up enough to be used as a finish area. I need to add a fan to increase ventilation when I am using oil-based stains.

No comments: