Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Performax 16-32 Sander


A New Tool!

I have almost all the tools I need or want in my shop, but one of the ones I've wished for a few times is a drum sander. I found a good deal on a used one this weekend and was allowed to purchase it.

I picked up a Perfomax 16-32 sander for a little less than half of what they cost new. This one is the older model which was Made in the USA and comes with a good Leeson motor. It came with a few pre-cut rolls of 80 grit paper and one roll 120 grit paper. It looks like these rolls cost about $8 each, so I may try and cut my own from longer rolls.

I only had time to plug it in and run one piece of wood through it. The tension rollers need to be adjusted, but the machine is in fine shape. I changed out the sandpaper roll to see how easy it was and it was a piece of cake.

Now I need to find another spot in the workshop for Joshua's workbench as it had to move for the sander.

No comments: