Monday, August 17, 2009

Railroad Clock Kit - Glass Install (2) - Finished

After breaking the first piece of glass I tried to install, it took me a few days to work up the courage to try this glass install again.

Rather than an 18ga stapler, I chose the 23ga pin nailer to nail in the rubber glass stop strip this time.


This time things went much smoother. I used scissors to cut the rubber glass stop to size, then used the pin nailer to tack it in place every 3" or so along the outside of the glass. Since the door has a rabbet around the outside, the rubber stop is not visible when the door is closed.



The last steps were to clean the glass well, stick on the decal and then mount the clock on the wall. There are two holes in the 1/4" back panel of the clock and it was easily mounted with a couple of drywall anchors.



This was a fun and pretty easy to build project. The instructions and clock kit from Lee Valley were good and I'll probably end up building another one for our upstairs. Though the next time I won't take a year to finish it!

No comments: