Thursday, October 22, 2009

Craftsman Ottoman - Part 2

Back to work on the Ottoman. I sliced up the veneer for the sides of the legs. I was able to easily get four ~3/16" pieces from the 1" board. In between slices I ran the original board through the planer to smooth out the next piece.

For the first cut I marked the line with a pencil and straight edge, for the remainder I eyeballed it and with the help of my resaw fence I was able to get reasonably consistent pieces.


After the resawing was complete I cut the legs to size. The finished size will be 1 3/4", so I trimmed them down to a little more than 1 5/8". After the sides are glued on, they'll be planed down again to get to the final 1 3/4" size.


Lots of glue and the legs are all clamped up. I could have saved 2 hours by just buying 8/4 stock. Maybe next time...

No comments: