Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Windows and Doors


Back to work on painting the windows and doors over the weekend. Found some nice surprises with the window and door on the North side of the house. Both had significant rot that needed to be cut out and replaced. On the right you can see one side of the door trim that was rotten. I cut out the lower 6 inches and replaced it with good wood. Joshua gave me a hand nailing in the new trim.

The window was just as bad on each side, and I also ended up replacing the entire piece of trim at the bottom of the window. After nailing the good wood in place I finished off the joints with some bondo to blend in the new pieces better, than caulked, primed and put one finish coat on. Tonight will be the last finish coat, but I'm only half done.
Because of the bad fish flies I couldn't pull off the door or the sliding window for strip / painting, but now that the fish flies are gone (temporarily) I'll pull those things off and get to work on them. I should be able to strip / sand / prime them both tonight.

No comments: