Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Clean up, clean up, everybody do their share

That's the song we sing at the end of the night when we are at playgroup for my son. Last night I cleaned up the piles of shavings from yesterday's planing. Ended up with another 2 full garbage bags, so I've got 4 total from this project. Lots more to follow.

I also put a 45 degree chamfer on the all four edges of each leg. I used a chamfer bit in my handheld Porter Cable 690 router (this one). What a great little router. Another one of those tools that puts a smile on your face everytime you use it. It's well designed and a pleasure to use.

One accessory I'd like to try for this router is the D-Handle base. (See it on amazon here) I see Norm using it all the time and it looks like it would be really handy.


No comments: