Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Painting and Staining aren't so bad after all...

I've always disliked painting. It's been my least favourite part of any project. Trying to paint around trim or windows, keeping the paint from getting on the ceiling or the walls and cleaning brushes have always frustrated and annoyed me.

This past month I've done more painting that I have in the past 5 years. This weekend was a painting/staining marathon for me. I did windows, doors, trim and then to finish it off I stained the deck as well.

At the start of the weekend I thought that'd I'd be so sick of painting that I'd never want to pick up a paintbrush again for the next 5 years.

But come Sunday afternoon it didn't seem so bad. Cleaning brushes isn't so bad after all. As long as you don't get too crazy over the trim it doesn't seem to be too difficult. Hmm.

I haven't painted for two days now and I kind of miss it. I'll look around for something to touch up tonight...


No comments: