Thursday, September 3, 2009

Workshop Visitors

My parents recently picked up a new camping trailer and needed to add some drawers to provide some more storage. They came over to my workshop and I gave them a hand putting some drawers together.

They were using AC plywood for the drawer sides, with one good side, we ran the 'C' side through my new sander to smooth them out a little. Joshua came out to catch the wood pieces. The sander worked great and the dust collection is excellent.


Rosemary and Lauren stopped by to check on our progress as well.



The drawers were just simple boxes, pocket screwed, glued with a 1/8" hardboard bottom. Unfortunately I did not have enough pocket screws so we could only finish two out of 7 drawers. The rest my Dad will finish up at home after they pick up some pocket screws.

With the 1/2" plywood we need 1" pocket screws. I had a jar of pocket screws that I'd picked up awhile ago - it was labeled 1" screws but full of 1 1/4" screws - argh!

No comments: